12.20.2011

Junya Watanabe Man FW11/12


Words cannot explain how much I love this collection and this runway show in particular. I haven't watched a show that has left an impact on me for such a long time, it was refreshing to finally watch one that caught my attention the whole way through.

The undeniable classiness of the collection is complemented by the piano piece in the background, despite the various ramblings heard throughout. The clever use of the park bench brings an intimate element to the show, bringing down the models to the audience's level and thus creating a relationship between the pieces and those who will potentially wear these wonderful creations in the future. 

The modern Dandy is epitomised in the collection and that is what I truly love, and once again, the park bench complements the theme perfectly, with the models embodying the modern day gentleman whilst sitting on the bench. I've always admired Junya Watanabe, and this has definitely elevated my respect for this Japanese designer.

Video courtesy of fashionbymario

No comments:

Post a Comment