1.18.2012

Day 3 - Milan Men's Fashion Week

It's close to the end of fashion week in Milan, and closer to Paris Men's Fashion Week!
The third day gave a chance for some lesser known labels to strut their creations on the runway, including Dirk Bikkembergs Sport Couture, Iceberg, John Richmond, Canali, Gazzarrini, Nicole Farhi and Z Zegna.

The stand out collections for me from the third day were Etro, Moschino, Versace and Gucci.

Etro FW12





Images courtesy of Fashionising

I can't say I've heard much about the designer label Etro, but with this collection I will definitely be keeping a close eye! The differentiating patterns and warm colour palette caught my attention, I would have loved to have seen the show streamed live. It is becoming clear that velvet, tartan, Aztec and historical European patterns will be a must-have in a man's wardrobe this coming Fall/Winter season.

Moschino FW12





Images courtesy of Rude Couture

I have always been a fan of Moschino's collections, and this is no exception! The use of bright colours such as lime green and carrot orange is questionable for a Fall/Winter collection, but to me it represents optimism, even rebellion. The stand out ensemble for me was the Graffiti suit - words cannot express how much I would love to have this suit in my wardrobe!

Versace FW12





Images courtesy of NYC-Fashion

There is so much I can say about the Versace Fall/Winter collection, both positive and negative. 

Ok first off with the positives - the collection perfectly presents both the rebellious man with the golden studded denim vests and jeans, and the glamorous gentlemen with the tailoring focused on embellishment, with the metallic blue suit and emblazonment, with the beautiful Swarovski crystal emblazoned blazers and jackets.

Now to the negatives - the prints. I did not particularly like the "floral camouflage" prints throughout the collection, especially the technicolor bomber ensemble worn by River Viiperi. The prints only worked for me to some extent in pure achromatic.

Nonetheless, the show itself was amazing, as I watched it live in the wee hours of the morning via facebook. The moment when the set went pitch-black and only showed the Versace logo for the second half of the collection intrigued me.

Gucci FW12





Images courtesy of Homotography

The Gucci show and collection was my favourite for Day 3 of Milan Men's Fashion Week, and it was wonderful that the live stream was smooth! 

The moment I saw the those embroidered and patterned trousers I knew Gucci had stepped their game up, and the colours go so well together, they made the outfit flawless, especially the dark mustard-purple combination. The second half of the collection showed a variety of velvet jackets and blazers with differentiating patterns and black based colours, which I loved. 

My two favourite velvet blazers of the collection are the blue-black (since I have an obsession with blue at the moment) and the warm brown-black, which I could definitely see myself wearing. The collection is textural and luxurious, but at the same time is wearable. I could see these pieces being worn at fancy parties and social events, time to save some money for the velvet blazer I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment