1.21.2012

Day 3 - Paris Men's Fashion Week

It's the third day of Paris Men's Fashion Week and there has been incredible collections so far!
Today, a few of my favourite designers such as Junya Watanabe, Yves Saint Laurent, Kris Van Assche and Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus had their runway shows, but it surprised me that Givenchy was the only collection and show which I loved from my list of favourite designers.

Along with Givenchy, Julius and Boris Bidjan Saberi's collections stood out.

Julius FW12





Images courtesy of Fashionising

As you can already tell, I am a devotee to minimalist chic and monotone colour palettes when it comes to labels which have a seemingly futuristic Utopian style. Julius is a Japanese label which I've only recently heard about, and I am glad I saw their collection, which is reminiscent of labels such as Rick Owens, Chronicles of Never and The Twelfth Letter. 

Boris Bidjan Saberi FW12






Images courtesy of Fashionising

Speaking of futuristic Utopian style, Boris Bidjan Saberi brings this up a notch by adding elements of cyberpunk and Goth to the collection. Some of the garments are not made to be worn on the street, but with the ever changing global climate it may seem like these garments will soon be essential in our wardrobe, as they are designed to protect the body, as it seems to me.

Givenchy FW12






Images courtesy of Fashionising

Stars and skirts, stars and skirts, stars and skirts! All I saw from Givenchy was stars and skirts! I admit, the men did look good in their kilts, but what I didn't like about the show was the septum piercing given to every model to wear out onto the runway. I know, septum piercings are the rage right now, but we don't need it pushed onto us! Anyway, the collection itself was a bit questionable for me... I haven't decided if I love it or hate it, but it definitely caught my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment