5.07.2012

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week - Day 4

Bec & Bridge Mercedes Benz Fashion Week After Party at The Backroom
I'm wearing a Saxony button up, Calvin Klein bolo tie, silver collar tips, Witchery Man cardigan, Ray Ban specs, Zara jeans and Rick Owens boots
Christine is wearing an Issey Miyake top, Helmut Lang cardigan, Gucci leather skirt and Topshop shoes
I was invited to the Bec & Bridge show and the Bec & Bridge Mercedes Benz Fashion Week After Party at The BackRoom and decided to bring my mum along to both!
The day seemed to be all about minimalist fashion, which is both my mother and I's favourite stream of fashion.
I was definitely not disappointed in Bec & Bridge's Spring/Summer collection, and niether was my dear mother, she even asked me if I could get any pieces from the collection before they are in boutiques!

Bec & Bridge SS12






Bec & Bridge's collection embodies the very essence of spring and summer - vibrance, life and unfolding possibilities. The combination of architectural and free flowing silhouettes intensifies the pureness of the whites and the extravagance of the florals. My mother loves minimalist fashion and has always had a knack for unique florals, and this collection definitely was a stand out for her because this is her style. If only I could've bought a piece straight from the collection that day for Mother's Day I would've!

Yuliy Gerhinsky SS12






On the topic of minimalist fashion, Yuliy Gerhinsky has designed a collection for the simply dynamic man. I myself love minimalist fashion like my mother, especially in menswear. The paradoxical mix of textured and smooth, carefully place panels and cuts and the length of the garments bring one to focus purely on tiny details and then the garment as a whole.

Christopher Esber SS12






Simplicity is convenient for people with busy lives, and Christopher Esber has proved that style does not need to compromised in the business world. Striking tailoring, spaghetti straps, pops of colour and sheer panels were aplenty in the collection, allowing hints of eccentricity to flow through one's minimalist style.

Carl Kapp SS12






Minimalism stretches out to couture and beautiful evening gowns as well. Carl Kapp's latest collection of gowns present a woman who creates a statement without all the extravagance, focusing on the flow of the fabric and the cuts around the shoulder and neck, and thus making monochromatic muses on the runway.

Other shows during the day included Jenny Kee, We Are Handsome, Aje and Roopa Pemmaraju. Make sure to check out their collections on Fashionising.

The Backroom Sydney image courtesy of  The Backroom
All images courtesy of Fashionising

No comments:

Post a Comment